I can’t help but shake my head at the price for commercial seasoning mixes. In addition to being heavily laden with salt and/or sugar, they also create a lot of garbage waste with the packaging.
Here’s a remedy that let’s you control the amount of salt as well as coming in a reusable package! Use it freely for chilis, tacos, burritos or anywhere else you might be looking for a little kick. And if there’s a seasoning you don’t like, just omit it.
Course: Kitchen basics
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 5 min
Yield: 1.5 cups
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle powder ( optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried minced onion or 1 tsp onion powder (not salt)
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon corn starch (optional)
- Add all the spices to a mason jar. Close and shake until fully combined.
- 2 Tablespoons of the mix is equivalent to 1 package of commercial seasoning