With a little prep time the night before, this can be a very quick to the table weeknight dinner. Chop the chicken up and store in one container in the fridge. Chop the vegetables into bite sized pieces and store in a separate container. Finally, make up the sauce and have it at hand when you’re ready to cook. Dinner will be done in about 30 minutes.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken Recipe
Cut everything into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken (breasts or thighs both work)
- Approximately 3 -4 cups of mixed raw vegetables. Good choices are cauliflower, bell peppers, red onion, green beans, broccoli florets, carrot slices. Use what’s in your fridge, according to what your family’s tastes.
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 2/3 cup Soy Sauce low sodium
- 3⁄4 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar or Rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Garlic Ginger Paste OR 2-3 cloves garlic and 1″ minced ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Pepper
- pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1⁄2 Cup Water
- Juice of 1 lime optional
- In a medium sauce pan, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Heat on medium-high to a boil. Lower heat to medium low and stir frequently until the sauce thickens. It will be quite thick and will thin out in the oven as the chicken and vegetables release their moisture. Take the sauce off the heat and set aside for step 5
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line a 9×13 baking dish or sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup.
- Spread chicken evenly over the baking sheet
- Pour approximately 1 cup of the sauce over the chicken. Toss with tongs to coat evenly with the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and add your the mixed vegetables and cashews to the pan. Add the remaining sauce and toss to coat the ingredients with the sauce.
- Bake another 12-15 minutes until chicken is completely cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Keep cooking and we’ll talk later.